The Czech School of California Library is located at the JCC Palo Alto and offers over 500 titles for readers and listeners of all ages. The online catalog is available at https://www.librarycat.org/lib/czechschool.
Czech School of California Library Rules
- Students in Broučci class have an opportunity to borrow a book once a month at the end of class. Students can borrow one book at a time. Another book can be borrowed after the previous one has been returned.
Details will be communicated to parents by email.
- For borrowing schedule in Myšáci 1 class please contact the teacher.
- Myšáci 2 to 5, students taking Czech as a Second Language class, parents of students, and school employees can borrow up to 3 books at a time. Lending period is 1 month and can be renewed 2 times.
- The library catalog is at https://www.librarycat.org/lib/czechschool.
- To search the catalog, use the title of the book, author, publication date, or so called tags. Most useful tags: mladez, dospeli, naucna, audio.
- You can use the online catalog to reserve your books (use the Place Hold button). A password is needed to reserve a book – please contact the librarian to register and obtain the password. Parents use student’s name to reserve and borrow books.
- Books reserved by Friday will be available to the reader on Sunday at the end of class.
- A teacher borrowing books for their class may borrow the books under her own name and is responsible for returning them.
- Continuing students, their parents, and school employees can also borrow books for the duration of summer holidays. All other books must be returned at the end of the school year.
- Some books have a library card inside. The library cards are currently not used. Please leave the card in the book.
- Use clean and gentle hands when handling the books, and make sure younger students do not remove any library stickers from the books.
- Any lost or significantly damaged book must be replaced by the borrower. A replacement may be the same title or similar, as appropriate.
- Please do not repair damaged books. Instead, alert the teacher or the librarian to the damage, so it can be repaired with appropriate materials.
- There are no library fees.
- Also see information on how to borrow Czech books from San Francisco Public Library http://www.czechschoolofcalifornia.com/community/san-francisco-public-library
- Library volunteer contact information: Pavlína Apte: firstname.lastname@example.org