The Czech School of California Library is located at the JCC Palo Alto and offers over 500 titles for readers and listeners of all ages. The online catalog is available at http://www.librarything.com/
Fall semester 2014-2015
- Students in classes Broučci and Myšáci will have an opportunity to borrow a book every 1st Saturday of the month at the end of class. Students can borrow one book at a time. Additionally, Myšáci can borrow one magazine.
- Unclaimed books from Broučci and Myšáci classes must be returned to the library shelves.
- Books must be returned on the 1st Saturday of the next month prior to class. Another book/magazine can be borrowed only after the previous one has been returned.
- In addition, parents of students can borrow one children’s book/CD under the name of the student. This will be marked on the library card with “R“. Please contact us if you would like to borrow a particular book/CD.
- Students taking Czech as a foreign language can also borrow books. Please contact us for further information.
- Parents of students and school employees can borrow up to 5 books at a time for the duration of the semester. To return the books earlier would be necessary only if requested by another reader. Please contact Pavlína with a list of books to borrow (title and author) via email. You can borrow (and later return) the requested books on most Saturdays 9:00-10:00 AM.
- A teacher borrowing books for a class not conducted at the JCC Palo Alto campus may borrow the books under her own name and is responsible for returning them.
- Each book has a card. The card must be marked with the check-out date and the name of the borrower and filed into the appropriate Library Borrowing Book. Upon return of the book the library card is simply placed back into the card pocket in the book.
- Any lost or significantly damaged book must be replaced by the borrower. A replacement may be the same title or similar, as appropriate.
- Please do not repair damaged books. Instead, alert a teacher or library volunteer to the damage, and we will repair the book.
- All books must be returned at the end of the school year. If you forget to return any books, please deliver them personally or by mail to Pavlina Apte, 210 Matadero Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94306.
- The library catalog is at http://www.librarything.com/
catalog/czechschool . You can view book covers and basic information about the books, sort them into categories, search the catalog, etc. No need to register.
- There are no library fees.
- Contact information for library volunteers: Pavlína Apte: email@example.com , Gabriela Černá:firstname.lastname@example.org