On Tuesday, May 3, more than 1500 local non-profit organizations will be participating in a 24-hour online donation event called Silicon Valley Gives. And for the fist time, we are going to be part of it!
Here is what you need to know and how you can get involved:
When: Tuesday, May 3 (24-hour event, starting at midnight today)
Why: It’s time for us to grow. We are looking for a new, permanent home, and we are expanding our offerings with the goal of becoming a “Czech Center” with a variety of programs, services and activities for the Czech community and our American friends in the Bay Area.
Our “Czech Center” would offer:
- Czech School of California – with extended hours and activities
- Daycare – You know, what they say: “It takes a village to raise a child.”
- Innovative new courses such as robotics – Give your kids a head start!
- Czech library
- A place for Czech meetups, events, art & technical exhibits
- Relocation services for the newcomers to the Silicon Valley
- Travel services for anyone, planning to travel to the Czech Republic
How: Donate online on our page: https://svgives.razoo.com/us/story/Czech-School-Of-California. It should only take 20 seconds, but the impact on our little school is quite immeasurable!
Today, your donations may even be matched, thus doubling the impact of your generosity!
Our Thank You: We don’t have any cookies to sell in exchange for your generosity, but you can win tickets to our annual #CzechGala event, scheduled on November 5 2016 in Palo Alto – this year hosting the one and only CHINASKI band! Go to our Facebook page for more information!
And as a grand prize – For any donations of $100 and more you can win BBQ with CHINASKI and backstage passes to their concert!